It is under the hill of Ridge Rd.
Ursini Drive – Circular Av. SW, NW, NE to Circular Av.; Dunbar Hill; on 1963 plat
Edward Ursini died in World War II.
Valerie Court – Main St. N to end; Dunbar Hill; on 1998 plat
Perhaps named for someone associated with the developers of the Pine View Estates subdivision.
Valley Road – Gilbert Av. N, SW, S to Gilbert Av.; Hamden Plains; on 1941 plat
It is in the small valley through which Wilmot Brook flows.
Valley View Court – Valley View Dr. S to end; Private; Mount Carmel; on 1989 plat
Valley View Drive – Knob Hill Dr. W, SW, W, S, E, N to itself; Private; Mount Carmel; on 1989 plat
These streets serving a condominium development have a view of the valley where the Farmington Canal was.
Vantage Road – Benham St. S and SW to Harrison Dr.; Dunbar Hill; on 1946 plat
Vantage means a position giving a good view, which could apply to this street on a small hill. It was in the Vantage Ground subdivision made by Thomas A. Laydon.
Veranda Avenue – Waite St. N to Terrace Av.; Spring Glen; on 1905 plat
The Alice and William Van Doren house, built in 1891 nearby on the other side of Waite St., has a veranda. The house at the street's corner with Waite does also, but was built after the street was named.
Vernon Street – Forest St. S to Jamestown Rd.; Centerville; on 1917 plat
Perhaps named for Mount Vernon, the estate of George Washington in Virginia.
Victor Street – Wheeler St. N past Miles St. to end; Hamden Plains; on 1898 plat
Origin unknown. It was labeled Merritt Av., and extended further north to Marietta St., on the plat of the Hamden Park subdivision made by J.W. Wilbur. That name, unlike the Merritt St. in East Side, could not have been for Schulyer Merritt, who was first elected to Congress in 1917. It first appeared as Victor St. in the 1929 city directory, and was truncated to its current extent by construction of Wilbur Cross Pkwy. in 1949.
Victoria Court – Thomas St. W and SW to end; Pine Rock; on 1998 plat
It was the sole street in the Victoria Estates subdivision, possibly named for someone associated with the developers.
Villa Road – Dickerman St. S to Bolton St.; Mount Carmel; on 1923 plat
Probably named to suggest that houses on it would be in the style of an Italian country villa, although none of the houses now on it resemble that style. The plat showed it going north from Bolton St. past Adams St. to a dead end. When the entrance ramp to Mount Carmel Connector was built in 1972, Adams St. and the part of Bolton St. connecting to Whitney were removed, and this street was connected to Dickerman St.
Village Circle – Meadow Rd. E, N, W to Pine Rock Av.; Hamden Plains; on 1959 plat
This street in the Colonial Manor subdivision may have been named because it forms an area like a village green as it wraps around Meadow Rd.
Vincent Street – James St. N to Norwood Av.; Mount Carmel; on 1912 plat
Josephine Vincent (1850-1912) is buried in St. Mary's Cemetery.
Vine Street – Locust St. N to Forest St.; Centerville; on 1917 plat
Vines may have been in this woodsy area, as suggested by the names of the connecting streets and the paper Orchard St. nearby.
Vineyard Road – Skiff St. in North Haven S, SE to Hamden line continuing S, W, NW to Hartford Tpk.; North Haven, East Side; on 1945 plat
There appears to be a small vineyard in the area on the 1934 aerial photo.
Violet Street – Francis Av. W to Paramount Av.; Whitneyville; on 1922 plat
Violet was the wife of William Laterman, developer of the Country Club Gardens subdivision including the street.